Instruction guide WeePie Cookie Allow Plugin
This instruction manual helps you with setting up and configuring the Weepie Cookie Allow Plugin. We’ve tried to make a selection for some points you may need help with. If something isn’t clear, missing or incorrect, feel free to contact us.
Table of contents
A. How to install the Plugin
B. How to update the Plugin
C. How to use the plugin on another website
D. What is a cookie?
E. How do I find out which cookies are placed on my website?
F. How do I check if the Plugin clears all ‘unwanted’ cookies?
G. Which 3th party cookies will be blocked automatically?
H. How to use the WPML Plugin to translate the texts in the WeePie Cookie Allow Plugin
I. How to translate admin dashboard text strings using a .pot file
J. How to create a cookie wall with automatic cookie blocking before consent?
- Register your Envato purchase code at weepie-plugins.com/register-envato-purchase-code/ (an email will be sent to you with your WeePie code).
- Unzip the download file and upload the weepie-framework and wp-cookie-allow folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Alternative through your WordPress admin: Zip the unzipped weepie-framework.zip and wp-cookie allow.zip folder separately and upload them both through your WordPress admin panel (Plugins > Add new).
- Activate the WeePie Framework Plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Activate the WeePie Cookie Allow Plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress (IMPORTANT: the WeePie Framework Plugin must be activated BEFORE activating the WeePie Cookie Allow Plugin).
- Validate your Envato purchase code by clicking Validate on the ‘Plugins’ menu (or in the visible admin notice) and enter your purchase code and WeePie code in the popup form click on VALIDATE!.
- Go the WeePie Cookie Allow Settings page in your Dashboard and adjust the settings to your needs.
- Enable the Plugin on the General settings page after all settings have been configured properly.
- Deactivate the WeePie Cookie Allow Plugin
- Deactivate the WeePie Framework Plugin
- Remove the OLD plugin files: WeePie Framework and WeePie Cookie Allow
- Upload the new files: WeePie Framework and WeePie Cookie Allow
- Refresh the WordPress Plugins page
- Activate the WeePie Framework Plugin
- Activate the WeePie Cookie Allow Plugin
- Go to your Plugins page in your WordPress admin environment
- Click on the red Unvalidate link under WeePie Cookie Allow in your plugins list
- Register your new website URL on the Register purchase code page on weepie-plugins.com
- Install, activate and validate the WeePie Cookie Allow Plugin on your new website
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used by many websites and can do a number of things, eg remembering your preferences, recording what you have put in your shopping basket, and counting the number of people looking at a website.
Source: ICO (April 2016)
3. Go to your website in the browser where you just cleared cookies.
4. Find the cookies and their cookie names:
- Go to your homepage and clear all cookies in your web browser (see C.2. Clear all cookies on this page).
- Refresh your homepage and check for each Cookie Category if the Excluded cookies are not present.
When everything’s fine, you’re done!
If you have choosen for the consent method to block all cookies before consent, the following 3th party cookies will be blocked automatically:
- Google AdSense
- Google Analytics
- Google Maps
If you want, you can disable/enable these 3th party domains manually.
Note: By default, the language is set to English. To translate, you can change the English texts into your selected language.
- Click on the language you want to add in the WordPress bar on top:
- Translate the default English texts into your selected language
- Select the Status “Enabled” on the General settings tab. Your translation of the WeePie Cookie Allow Plugin is active now!
Note: If you activate the WPML Multilingual Plugin or when you add a new language when the WeePie Cookie Allow Plugin is already installed, you have to reset the WeePie Cookie Allow Plugin.
1. Open Poedit and go to “File” > “New catalogue from POT file…“:
2. Select the file “wpca.pot“:
3. Enter your language in the field “Language” (For example the Italian language “it_IT”) and click on “OK“:
4. Save the file by clicking on the ‘Save‘ button:
5. Translate the strings:
6. Select your language under “Settings” > “General” > “Site Language” and click on “Save Changes“:
You’ve translated the admin dashboard text strings of the WeePie Cookie Allow Plugin!